Do you know the feeling of starting something new? You feel excited! It's going to be hard but you're ready to learn something new. Surely everyone will think the same as you do right? You have great plans
You start telling people. They start asking you questions and you begin overthinking everything you thought was possible. It's not a great feeling isn't it?
So what should you do?
- Stop telling people your idea before you even got started
- If you do tell people. Only do so after having created or doing something tangible
- Take what people say with a grain of salt and go with your initial idea. Constructive critisism is always a good thing though!
My biggest problems
I always want to tell people what I'm going to do. If I have an idea I want to know what they think of it. More often than not this leads to me not doing what I planned because of the crazy eyes people give me when I tell them eg. I want to run a marathon.
I get too excited about too much at once too. In one day, I think about starting 2 businesses, getting into coding, learning to play an instrument,... It just doesn't work that way.
How I'll solve it
- Stop telling people in person. From now on the only place people will know of my unfinished plans is on this page.
- I'll tackle one (okay maybe not one, but a manageable amount) idea at a time.
- I'll stop talking for now 🙂
Don't be too hard on yourself. When you achieve something, however small it might be. Everyone has to start small don't they?
If you made it all the way to the end of this post. Thanks for reading. And uhmmm
GET READY FOR LIFT-OFF